Group GED® Testing allows your organization to offer the GED® Tests to a number of candidates at the same time at a convenient location. Social services agencies, employers and labour groups often use TVO ILC's Group GED® Testing services. Group testing is usually for a minimum of 20 candidates. Sessions with less than 20 candidates are possible, at additional cost.
How to arrange a Group GED® test: Three simple steps
Book a date.Contact the GED Coordinator at email@example.com at least eight weeks prior to the requested dates for your GED® Testing session.
Complete the Group GED® Testing application forms.For your group:
Request for a group testing (PDF)
For each candidate:
GED application form (PDF)
Send in your completed application.All completed application forms must be sent together, at least 21 business days prior to the testing session, to:
GED® Coordinator at TVO ILC
P.O. Box 200, Station Q
Toronto ON M4T 2T1
Application forms must be fully completed including a photocopy of identification showing proof of age (the full name and birthdate must be legible), and must also enclose the testing fee.
What to expect on test day
- The testing room must be available to the examiners at least one hour prior to the start of the testing session.
- A contact person must be available to meet and direct the examiners at the testing site on the date of the testing session.
- Candidates must bring photo identification to the testing session. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- Examiners and proctors are instructed to refuse all candidates who do not have photo identification. (Photocopies will not be accepted.)
A non-refundable fee of $100 must be paid by Visa/MasterCard, or certified cheque (personal cheques will not be accepted), or money order made payable to TVO. Those re-writing their tests must also pay the $100 testing fee.
- Travelling costs, accommodations, and meals for the examiner and proctor are the responsibility of the organization hosting the testing session.
- The rates for meals and travelling costs are established by TVO ILC.
- Proctors and examiners will be travelling from the nearest GED® Testing site.
- If you wish to hold a group testing session with fewer than 20 candidates, you will be responsible for the cost of one examiner and one proctor (the minimum supervision required for a GED® testing session).
- If your group exceeds 40 candidates, an extra proctor (for a total of one examiner and two proctors) will be needed to supervise the test, which will mean additional costs for the host organization.
- The appropriate level of supervision will be determined by the GED® Chief Examiner once your testing dates have been confirmed.
If candidates decide to write at a different session, you/they must contact the GED® at least one week prior to the scheduled testing session date. If you/they fail to do so, the candidates will incur a $25 rescheduling fee.
If any candidates fail to attend the testing session without having properly notified us, they will have to submit a new application form and the $100 testing fee.